Information on data protection according to Art. 13 and 14 DSGVO for the video conferencing service WebEx
The WebEx tool is intended to serve as a tool for teaching, research and administration. In the following, we would like to provide you with information on the processing of personal data in connection with the use of WebEx.
Responsible person and contact details
Leibniz University of Hannover
The International Office
Welfengarten 130167 Hanover
Phone: +49 511 762 2548
Fax: +49 511 762 4090
Data Protection Officer
Leibniz University Hannover
- Data Protection Officer (DS) -
Phone: +49 511 762 8132
Fax: +49 511 762 8258
Categories of personal data that are processed
a) Use of WebEx without recording function.
For the use of WebEx, the processing of the following personal data is mandatory:
- User details: First name, last name, e-mail address, profile picture (optional);
- Meeting metadata: Topic, description (optional), attendee IP addresses, device/hardware information, e.g. browser and MAC address;
- When dialing in with the telephone (optional): Specification of incoming and outgoing call number, country name, start and real time, if necessary further connection data, such as IP address of the device.
When you activate your camera and/or microphone or use chat, the following additional data is processed:
- Meeting content data: Audio, video, and possibly text data of the utterances you make during a meeting;
b) Use of WebEx with record function
Provided that the voluntary consent of all presenters has been obtained, the conference "Days of Ukraine in Lower Saxony" can be recorded and made available to all event participants via WebEx and the conference website of Leibniz University Hannover https://konferenz.uni-hannover.de/event/71/.
Purpose and legal basis of data processing
The purpose of processing your personal data mentioned above is to be able to provide you with WebEx as a tool for conducting video conferences, online meetings and online events for teaching, research and administration and to be able to handle the aforementioned formats via WebEx.
- Insofar as we obtain your consent for processing operations of personal data in the context of the use of WebEx, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO serves as the legal basis for the processing of personal data.
- Insofar as the processing of personal data within the scope of WebEx is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or is necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures that are taken at your request, Art. 6 (1) lit. b) DSGVO serves as the legal basis for the processing of personal data.
- If processing of personal data within the scope of WebEx is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which LUH is subject, Art. 6 (1) c) DSGVO serves as the legal basis.
- If the processing of your personal data in the context of the use of WebEx is necessary for the performance of a task which is in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in LUH, Article 6 (1) (e), (3) (b) DSGVO in conjunction with Sections 3, 17 NHG, and in the case of employees of LUH Section 88 NBG in conjunction with. § 12 NDSG as the legal basis for the processing. The legal basis stated in this paragraph will be the rule in most use cases of the use of WebEx.
Transmission of data to third parties
- Meeting content data is visible to all participants of the online event via WebEx. These are publicly accessible through the publication of the recording on the conference website of Leibniz University Hannover https://konferenz.uni-hannover.de/event/71/ and after the conference.
- The recipient of the remaining data is T-Systems International GmbH under the order processing agreement with Leibniz University Hannover. In providing the service, T-Systems International GmbH in turn uses subcontractors. When using them, the same level of data protection applies as that contractually agreed with T-Systems International GmbH and required under the provisions of the GDPR.
The recordings will be stored on the conference website of Leibniz University Hannover https://konferenz.uni-hannover.de/event/71/. In case of revocation of the declaration of consent, your speech contributions will be removed from the recordings.
Account information of individuals registered with WebEx is generally stored by WebEx for as long as the account in question is active. Metadata for individual meetings is stored for a period of 20 days after the meeting in question.
You have the following rights regarding your personal data (according to Art. 15 to 21 DSGVO):
- Right to information
- Right to rectification and completion
- Right to deletion
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability / right to receive a copy
Right of objection
In addition, you have the right to object to data processing at any time. We will then no longer process your data, unless there are compelling reasons for the processing worthy of protection or the processing serves the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right of revocation
Your participation in the recording-related data processing is voluntary. Identifying participation is recorded only with your consent, which can be revoked at any time. If the consent is not given or is revoked later, you will not suffer any disadvantages. You also have the option to participate in an adequate other way. For example, you have the possibility to ask questions as a private chat message to the lecturer. Only the lecturer will receive your question. She or he repeats and answers your question in plenary without mentioning your name. Write an e-mail to the lecturer to assert your revocation, for example.
Right of complaint
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is in breach of the law:
The State Commissioner for Data Protection in Lower Saxony
Tel. +49 511 120 - 4500
Fax +49 511 120 - 4599